You are looking for comparative studies on surgery procedures for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Type Surgery AND Carpal Tunnel Syndrome into the Basic Search box or use the widget on the left.
Note: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s British Nursing Index account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access British Nursing Index directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest Databases, please contact your local librarian.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Box Related Searches below the Search bos, click on surgery AND carpal tunnel syndrome. This will retrieve only the documents with the subjects: surgery and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- From the Narrow results by, go to the Document type limit and choose Comparative study.
- Choose the Peer reviewed Documents on the Narrow Results.
- Go to the Publication Date limit and move on the chart to to choose items published the last 5 years.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and re-sort your items by Publication date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, click on the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account or to view selected items later.
You are looking for recent full-text articles about any research conducted on alternative therapies for treating anxiety.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first row type anxiety and then select Document Title from the first pull-down menu.
- In the second row, type alternative therapies and then select Abstract.
- Click Search.
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Citation/Abstract link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
- From the top of the results page (under the search box) select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into British Nursing Index with Full Text that meet your search criteria.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.
BNI Thesaurus Search
You are interested in peer reviewed articles about Intensive Care Nursing in the UK.
- From the Advanced Search page, click on the Thesaurus link, and select the BNI Thesaurus. Type intensive care nursing and add this to your search.
- Then in the second row, select Location from the pull down menu. In the search box type UK.
- Click Search
- You want to refine your results further.
- Click on the Subject facet on the right hand side and select an interesting subject area.