You need to write a paper on labour migration and European Union.
- Type labour migration and european union into the Basic Search box in the platform or in the widget to the left.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then click on Subject limit and select More at the bottom of the list to bring up the dialogue box of choices.
- Click on the word Subject to alphabetize the list and include “European Union” AND “labour migration”.
- Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Publication date and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2011 - present and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, click on the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record OR use the Preview command to expand the details within the results screen.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
You want to find articles on competition law in the European Law Journal.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first pull-down menu in the first search row, select All subjects & headings
- Type competition law in the first search box.
- From the second pull-down menu in the second search row, select Publication Title.
- Use the Look up Publications hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search for the available and relevant subject terms.
- Type European law and select the option "Begins with (enter at least 2 characters)."
- Select European Law Journal (all iterations that match--there are two entries) from the list of publications and click Add to search.
- In the Advanced Search page, go to the Search options section and adjust the Date range pull-down menu to search Last 3 years.
- Click Search.
- If there are Other searches to try at the bottom of your search results list, consider trying that to broaden or limit or target your research.
Note: When you select a suggested subject from Related Searches, it removes any of your previous limits (such as the date range we selected earlier for the last 3 years).