You need to write a paper on labour migration and European Union.
- Type labour migration and european union into the Basic Search box or use the widget on the left.
Remember to use parenthesis to group terms or expressions. Also consider wildcards and/or truncations to widen your search appropriately
Note: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s IBSS account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access IBSS directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then click on Subject limit and select to include “European Union” AND “labour migration”. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2009 – 2011 and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Citation & Abstract link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
You want to find articles on competition law in the European Law Journal.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first pull-down menu in the first search row, select Subject eaHeaHeading (all).
- Type “competition law” in the first search box.
- From the second pull-down menu in the second search row, select Publication Title.
- Use the Look up Publications hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search for the available and relevant subject terms.
- Type European law and select the option "Begins with (enter at least 2 characters)."
- Select European Law Journal from the list of publications and click Add to search.
- In the Advanced Search page, go to the Search options section and adjust the Date range pull-down menu to search Last 3 years.
- Click Search.
- If you are dissatisfied with your results, consider using Related Searches to run a new search using subjects related to your current search. From the list of Related Searches, select Competition AND Law.
Note: When you select a suggested subject from Related Searches, it removes any of your previous limits (such as the date range we selected earlier for the last 3 years).
- From the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and click on the last bar in the chart to view documents published in 2012.
- From the top of the results page (under the search box) select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into IBSS that meet your search criteria.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.