You need to write a paper on horticulture and vegetables.
- Type in horticulture and vegetables into the Basic search box or use the widget on the left.
Note: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s Agricultural Science Collection account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access Agricultural Science Collection directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then Subject limit and select to include Fertilizers. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Publication date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2010 forward and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
- You want to find articles on drinking water in China.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first pull-down menu in the first search row, select Subject Heading.
- Use the Look up Subjects hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search for the available and relevant subject terms.
- Type fresh water and select the option "Begins with" Select fresh water from the list of subject terms. Now it says “You've selected 1 subjects to add" on the screen.
- Type drinking water and select the option "Begins with" Select drinking water from the list of subject terms. Now it says “You've selected 2 subjects to add" on the screen.
- Add one more word: Type water supply and select the option "Begins with" Select water supply from the list of subject terms. Now it says “You've selected 3 subjects to add" on the screen.
- Click Add to search.
- In the second row, select Location in the pull-down menu, then type China in the first box.
- Click search.
- From the Narrow results by, go to the Publication date limit and click on the last bar in the chart to view documents published since 2010.
- From the top of the results page (under the search box) click Save search/alert, then select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into Agricultural Science Collection that meet your search criteria.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.