On the search form, you selected either Cohabitation or Marriage. After selecting one of those record types, and provided the search criteria you entered and selected was specific enough, a list of matching records displays. You can:
- Click any link in the Last Name column to display the corresponding record image.
- Click any of the results column headers to sort your results on that header. For example, Age or Spouse First Name. Click the header a second time to reverse the sort order. For example, clicking the State header sorts your results from A to Z. Clicking the State header a second time sorts your results from Z to A.
- Select the checkbox in the first column to add the corresponding item to My Notebook.
- Click the Refine Search button in the left sidebar to return to the search form and modify (refine) your search.
- Click the Go to Main Search link in the left sidebar to create a new search.
- Click the Select from list links corresponding to County, Origin (cohabitation), or Place of Marriage to select from alphabetically-ordered master lists in databases.
If your search did not include a State your search results are not a list of matching records. Depending on what you did not include in your search, you can:
- Click the Cohabitation or Marriage link in the header to return a list of matching records if the total number is shown as less than 1,000. If the number is greater than 1,000, you will have to refine your search.
- Click a State or County link to display a list of matching records. If the total number of available records within either selection is shown as less than 1,000 a list of matching records will display. If the number is greater than 1,000, you will have to refine your search.
If your search returned no results:
- Check your spelling.
- Select Soundex from the Last Name Spelling drop-down, to broaden your search.
- Also broaden your search by removing a first name for example.