The Freedman's Bank Records results can be viewed using the following steps:
- Click any link in the Last Name column to display the corresponding record image.
- Click any of the results column headers to sort your results on that header. For example, Branch City or App(lication) Year. Click the header a second time to reverse the sort order. For example, clicking the Branch City header sorts your results from A to Z. Clicking the Branch City header a second time sorts your results from Z to A.
- Select the checkbox in the first column to add the corresponding item to My Notebook.
- Click the Refine Search button in the left sidebar to return to the search form and modify (refine) your search.
- Click the Go to Main Search link in the left sidebar to create a new search.
If your search returned no results:
- Check your spelling.
- Select Soundex from the Last Name Spelling drop-down, to broaden your search.
- Also broaden your search by removing a first name for example.