You need to write a paper on the protection of the endangered species.
- Type protection AND endangered species into the Basic Search box or use the widget on the left.
Note: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s ASFA account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access ASFA directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the "Narrow results" and the "Source type" limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then click on "Subject", "More options ..." and select to include Endangered species and Conservation. Click "Apply" to add the subject limits to your search.
- Then click on "Classification", "More options ..." and select to include Marine Pollution. Click "Apply" to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from within "Narrow results" go to the "Publication date" and drag the first gray handle over towards the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2000 – 2016 and click "Update".
- Go to the top of the results page to the "Sort" results from the pull-down menu (just above the "Narrow results") for to resort your items by "Date (most recent first)". Click on "Sort".
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the "Preview document" link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the "Abstract/Details" link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records of interest for save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
- Note, that clicking on any text in blue will start a complete new search using the selected term in the specific field from the selected database. All previous selected limits will be deleted from your new search.
You want to retrieve peer reviewed articles on the culture of Phytoplankton, published after 1995.
- From the Advanced Search page, click on the Thesaurus link at right. Then click the link to the ASFA Thesaurus
- Type Phytoplankton in the search box, choose the option "Begins with" and click on the FIND button.
- Select "Phytoplankton culture" from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
- You will see the subject term in the first search row, with the Subject Headings field selected.
- On the next row, type plant culture in the first box and aquaculture in the second box, then select the "Classification fields (CC)".
- Select "Peer reviewed" and enter the date (After this date: 1995)
- Click Search.
- Under you search terms on the right side, click "Save search/alert", then click on the link "Create RSS Feed". Click on the button "create feed" and then copy the link into your RSS reader, or leave it in MyResearch for later use.