You need to write a paper on the protection of endangered species.
- Type protection AND endangered species into the Basic Search box or use the widget on the left.
Note: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s ASFA account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access ASFA directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
- Based on the large amount of results retrieved, it is a good idea to refine the results using the facets in the panel to the left of the search results.
- Under Source type, select Scholarly Journals.
- Click the down arrow next to Subject to see options for narrowing by subject. Clicking More will open the subject headings in the results further. Check the boxes to include Endangered species and Conservation. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Use the Publication date filter and enter a date range from 2015 to limit your search to more recent items. Click Update.
- To begin reviewing your results, click the Preview link available on each record to view major fields of the record.
- For additional information, select the Abstract/Details or the Full text link where available under each record.
- Note that clicking on any text in blue will start a new search using the selected term in the specific field from the selected database. All previously selected filters will be deleted from your new search.
- Mark any records of interest to save, print, email, cite, or view selected items later during the search session.
You want to retrieve peer reviewed articles on the culture of phytoplankton, published after 2010.
- From the Advanced Search page, click on the Thesaurus link above the search form. Then click the link to the Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA) Thesaurus.
- Type phytoplankton in the search box, choose the option Begins with and click on the Find button.
- Select Phytoplankton culture from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
- You will see the subject term in the first search row, with the Main Subject field selected.
- On the next row, type plant culture or aquaculture in the second box, then select the Classification - CC field.
- Select Peer reviewed and enter the date After this date… 2010.
- Click Search.
- Above the search terms on the right side, click Save search/alert, then click on the link Create RSS Feed. Click on the button Create feed and then copy the link into your RSS reader, or leave it in My Research for later use.