Basic Search or Advanced Search
You want to quickly locate documents discussing the wage difference and wage gap between men and women.
- In the Basic Search box (or advanced search box) type in the search terms wage differential OR wage gap AND women.
- Before hitting the Search button, mark the Full Text limit under the Basic Search box or Advanced Search rows to limit yourself to items that contain full text.
- From the Results Page, adjust the Sort Order to Most Recent First and click the Sort button.
- Begin browsing the results page to locate relevant documents.
- You can use the Preview link on each record to view the available abstract and read a summary of the document.
- Take note of the subjects as these may be key terms that you use to build further relevant searches.
Use this page to easily locate career resources that are organized by subject or title.
You need to update your resume and want to make sure that it stands out for the right reasons and you also want tips on what you should or should not include.
- Under the Browse by Subject tab, select Career Search Resources.
- From the open menu, choose Resumes.
- From the results page, change your sort order to Most Recent First so that the newest documents appear at the top of the results page.
- Use the Preview link to review the abstracts or jump right to the full text to locate relevant documents.
- From the Results page, select the items that interest you and then use the email feature to send them to yourself so that you can review all the documents later.
Use this page to locate publications covered in Career & Technical Education Database, search within those publications, and browse the available issues.
You want to locate trade journals and other materials that would be relevant to your future career. You are currently studying for your license in general contracting and hope to one day be a home builder.
- From the Publications search page, select the Full text only checkbox and then click Go.
- From the Narrow publications list, select the more link under Source type.
- From the list of Source types, select to include trade journals, scholarly journals, and magazines.
- Go back to the Narrow publications list and open the Publication subject menu.
- From the list choose Building and Construction.
- Now you have a list of full text trade journals, scholarly journals and magazines that cover the Building and Construction industry.
- Begin browsing the list and exploring titles that are relevant and interesting to you.
- After clicking on a title name, you have the option to search within the publication and browse specific issues.