1) You need to find any documentation on the first appearance of terms such as machinery or mechanical or engines
2) You need to find books written by a specific author, such as Geoffrey Chaucer
3) You need to find books with a specific page feature, for instance Musical Notations.
4) You want to view all books written in Greek.
Go to the Language box in the Advanced Search page.
Select Ancient Greek and Greek using the checkbox.
If you selected more than one language they will be combined with an OR.
On the results page, you can use the Filters to narrow you search by for instance Author or Subject.
Alternatively you can Browse by Language in the Browse section.
5) Cross search with Early European Books - search for the word trumpet and its variants in the title