You are looking for information on surgery procedures for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Type Surgery AND "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" into the Basic Search box or use the widget on the left.
- Use quotes to search an exact phrase "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome"
Note: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s BNI account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access British Nursing Database directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
- Go to the Subject Limit option and select carpal tunnel syndrome to narrow your search using this subject.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by, go to the Publication Date limit and select the last bar in the chart to choose items published this decade.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and re-sort your items by Publication date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, click on the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account or to view selected items later.
You are looking for recent full-text articles about any research conducted on the efficacy of acupuncture for treating anxiety.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first row, type anxiety AND acupuncture and then select Document Full Text from the first pull-down menu.
- From the date range pull-down menu select Last 12 months.
- Click Search.
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Citation/Abstract link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
- From the top of the results page (under the search box) select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into BNI that meet your search criteria.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.
BNI Thesaurus Search
You are interested in peer reviewed articles about Intensive Care Nursing in the UK.
- From the Advanced Search page, click on the Thesaurus link, and select the BNI Thesaurus. Type intensive care nursing and add this to your search.
- Then in the second row, select Location from the pull down menu. In the search box type UK.
- Click Search
- You want to refine your results further.
- Click on the Subject facet on the right hand side and select an interesting subject area.