Because HeritageQuest Online is now powered by Ancestry.com, there is access to the Interactive Image Viewer. The Interactive Image Viewer allows the user to:
Zoom In/Out and Pan Up/Down/Left/Right.
Rotate the image clockwise or counter clockwise, 90º at a time.
Flip the image horizontally or vertically.
Invert the colors.
Print, Save, or Send the image to the user's Discoveries Page (email address required). (Learn more about these options on the Email, Print, and Save page of this guide.)
Switch between the preferred image viewer and access options for loading images more quickly during the current session.
Jump to other images within the dataset with the by entering the page number in the box next to the total number of pages at the bottom of the page or use the Right or Left facing arrows to move backward and forward through consecutive pages.
See a series of thumbnail images of other images in the dataset; click on a thumbnail to load that image.
The viewer also has special features for specific collections such as the 1910-1940 US Federal Census records!
- The name of the person searched will appear highlighted in yellow, while the other household members will appear in a light green.
- As you move the mouse around the page, a beige highlight will appear on the line where the mouse is pointing.
- When zooming in and panning across an image:
- A dynamic header will appear that contains the names of the column headers.
- A dynamic side bar will appear with the names enumerated on the page.
- These two options make it easier to track data across the page as different levels of zoom.
- These features will be added to other census collections in the near future!