You are looking for information on the prevalence of smoking among college students.
- Type college students AND smoking into the Basic Search box or use the widget on the left.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results menu, go to the Publication Date limit and select the last bar in the chart to choose items published this decade.
- Go to the Subject Limit option, select "More options" and then check the box to Include the subject "young adult."
- Go to the top of the results set to the Sort button and re-sort your items by Most recent first and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, click on the Preview link available on the lower right of each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record.
- If you are dissatisfied with your results (you may think that you have too many or too few results or could be more specific), consider using Related searches to run a new search using subjects related to your current search. From the list of Suggested subjects, select College students AND smoking. The difference this time is that you are searching within the subject field whereas before you were searching the full record (with or without full text depending on your default settings).
Note: When you select a Related search, it removes any of your previous limits (such as the date limit we selected earlier for items from 2010 and on). Go back and add your date limit to search for items from 2010 and on and you’ll notice that you have a more refined set than what you began with.
You are looking for recent full-text articles about the H1N1 vaccine for children.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first row, type H1N1 vaccine AND children and then select Abstract from the first pull-down menu.
- From the limit to section select the Full text box.
- From the date range pull-down menu select Last 12 months.
- Click Search.
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Citation/Abstract link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
- From the top of the results page (under the search box) select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into Medical Database that meet your search criteria.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.
Use this page to locate publications covered in ProQuest Health & Medical Complete, search within those publications, and browse the available issues.
You want to browse the latest issue of Infectious Disease Alert.
- Type BMC Infectious Diseases in the search box and select to search In title from the pull-down menu.
- Click on the publication title to be taken to the publication’s search page and the list of available issues.
- Use the Search within publication search box to search for articles in the journal or the Browse specific issues feature to look through the contents of an issue.
- To browse the latest issue, select 2016 to see the published issues and then choose the most recent issue.
- Hover over the preview for additional record details or select the Citation/Abstract link, or Full Text to begin reviewing the article.