You want to find articles published since 2010 on gathering intelligence relating to terrorism.
- Type terrorism into the Basic Search box.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Using the Subject limit and More Options, select to include intelligence gathering. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2010 to the present and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, click the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
You want to find recent information about nuclear weapons and North Korea.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first pull-down menu in the first search row, select Location.
- Type North Korea in the first search box.
- From the second pull-down menu in the second search row, select Subject Headings (all).
- Use the Look up Subjects hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search for the available and relevant subject terms.
- Type nuclear weapons and select the option "Contains."
- Select nuclear weapons from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
- In the Advanced Search page, go to the Search options section and adjust the Date range pull-down menu to search Last 12 months.
- Click Search.
- From the top of the results page Click on Save search/alert, then select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into Military Database that meet your search criteria.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.
Use this page to locate publications covered in Military Database, search within those publications, and browse the available issues.
You want to view the latest issue of Jane’s Defence Weekly.
- From the Publications Search box, enter Jane's Defence.
- From the results page you’ll notice that there are a number of publications covered in Military Database that contain the terms Jane's Defence in the publication title.
- Scroll through the list to locate Jane’s Defence Weekly.
- Click on the publication title to be taken to the publication’s search page and the list of available issues.
- Select the most recent year, month, and issue to view all the documents published in that particular issue.