Please note that the links below will only work if you are authenticated to Nursing & Allied Health Database. If you are unable to access your account, please contact your local librarian.
The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s Nursing & Allied Health Database account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access Nursing & Allied Health Database directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
The asterisk (*) is the truncation character and is used to find word variations such as nurse or nursing.
Put quotation marks around phrases like “world war II” in order to search for these words as exact phrases.
NOTE: NEAR/n is the proximity search operator, which looks for documents that contain two search terms, in any order, within a specified number of words apart. Replace 'n' with a number. In the example, 6 means near 6 words.
Try running your search again replacing using the proximity operator, like: nurs* NEAR/6 “world war II”
1. You want to find articles on palliative care in journals related to the elderly.
NOTE: Alternatively, click the Look up to search for the Subject term “palliative care”.
2. You want to set up a monthly alert to receive links to peer-reviewed journal articles about vitiligo treatment when they are added to Nursing & Allied Health Database.
NOTE: Alternatively, on the search results page, click Create RSS feed if you prefer the alert be added to your RSS reader.
3. You want to find all articles related to nutrition on low weight birth.
NOTE: By selecting All fields (no full text) - ALL, you are narrowing your search to all record data, but not the full text.
1. You want to see a pre-selected set of articles for Practical Nurses about developmental disorders in the field of pediatrics for an assignment.
2. You want to find videos on the emotions about aging
NOTE: You can also download the video in different formats using the appropriate Format links. The following formats are available:
.mov - suitable for use with Apple’s QuickTime media player, RealPlayer or Windows Media Player 7 and above
.mp4 - suitable for use with Apple’s QuickTime media player or RealPlayer
1. You want to find books which title includes the term nursing.
NOTE: Notice all books are split into chapters for an easier use for research.