Included within each “Case” are additional patient scenarios demonstrating important skills such as limit setting, diffusing of anger, patient negotiations, phrasing of questions, and use of assessments
• A patient experiencing an acute psychiatric episode in an emergency room setting.
• An adolescent exhibiting depression and feelings of suicide.
• A patient showing signs of panic disorder and OCD.
• A nurse conducting a mental status exam on a patient with Alzheimer’s Dementia.
• A patient experiencing paranoia triggered from not taking medication for Bipolar Disorder.
• Interventions by a nurse to redirect a domestic argument between a patient and his partner.
To further enhance the learning process, many of the “Cases” include:
• Director’s Cut – features moment-by-moment analysis of the case provided by a psychiatric mental health nurse.
• Key Takeaways – includes a psychiatric mental health nurse’s opinion on what is most important in the video.
• Future Treatment Options – includes recommendations on next steps in providing patient treatment.