Please note that the links below will only work if you are authenticated to Periodicals Index Online.
- You would like to find peer reviewed articles about corruption in governments or politicians.
NOTE: NEAR/n is the proximity search operator, which looks for documents that contain two search terms, in any order, within a specified number of words apart. Replace 'n' with a number. In the example, 3 means within 3 words.
- You would like to find some of the articles that Sigmund Freud wrote about psychoanalysis
NOTE: To retrieve articles where an author is listed by their first initial, as well as those where the full name is listed, use the truncation symbol (*).
- You are interested in tracking how quickly the term “robot” moved into regular use in the 10 years after the first stage production of Karel Čapek’s R.U.R. (Rossum’s Universal Robots) in 1921.
NOTE: You can also run your search without any Publication date limitation and then narrow your search results by clicking on the Enter a specific date range right underneath the Publication date histogram
- For your movement history class, you need to find articles about modern dance that were published in fine arts journals.
NOTE: Put quotation marks around phrases like “modern dance” in order to search for these words as exact phrases.
- A friend has put a challenge to you: How many scholarly journal articles can you find about Dostoevsky written in Russian?
NOTE: Because of the difficulty of transcribing the Cyrillic alphabet into the Latin alphabet, Russian names are spelled in many different ways. To retrieve as many spellings as possible, use the truncation symbol (*) after entering as few characters as possible.
- You want to find articles about Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, but you are not interested in discussions of stage or screen performances.
NOTE: You can use the Identifier/Keyword limit in the Narrow Results by in order to include or exclude any of the automatic generated keywords that have been extracted from the title of each document by the search engine.
- You are interested in finding all of the Linguistics/Philology journals that publish articles in both French and Portuguese.