One of the benefits of Pivot is that we have over 3 million faculty profiles created and maintained by our Editorial Team. We review profiles on average every 12 to 18 months, however, if you have pertinent information you need added or changed in your profile, you can make certain updates or additions on your own. These updates and additions will be immediately visible in Pivot. You can even attach certain types of files that Pivot will index and make searchable until the information is confirmed and added to your profile.
Claiming an existing Pivot profile is not required in order to use Pivot, however, there are certain benefits you receive by doing so:
Pivot Advisor: The Advisor makes funding opp recommendations for you based on your profile. These recommendations are automatically available on your Pivot Homepage when you have claimed your profile. If you do not claim or create a profile, you will not see the Advisor recommendations on your homepage.
Updating your profile: If you do not Claim your profile, you cannot update it. Why make sure your profile is updated? Your profile is viewed by thousands of Pivot users who may be looking for potential collaborators for a research project. You may be overlooked because your profile is missing critical information.
To claim your profile:
- Log in to Pivot.
- In the upper right-hand corner, your name is displayed. Click on the arrow to display the options. If you see a Claim profile link, you know there is not a profile linked to your Pivot account. Click the Claim profile link.
- A list of potential profile matches may be displayed.
- If you locate your profile from the results list, click the “This is me” button to the right of the profile name. If no results display or none of the possible matching profiles is yours, click the Create a Profile link that is located either in the center of the page when there are no results or located to the left of the results list.
- After clicking on the “This is me” button, a message will be displayed informing you that you that a new window will be opening to complete the profile claim process.
- If the email on the profile you are claiming matches the email on your Pivot account, you will see a message that a verification email has been sent to you. Otherwise, you will then be asked to confirm whether or not you still have access to the email address listed on your Pivot profile.
- If you confirm that you still have access to the email on your profile, you will receive verification email at that address that will link your profile to your account and will grant you access to update your profile.
- You must click through on the link in the verification email to complete the claiming process.
- If you do not have access to one of the emails displayed, select I no longer have access to any of the above email addresses and hit the submit button and you will be taken to a form to complete to request access to edit your profile. The information submitted is reviewed by our editorial team and once validated, you will receive an email at the new email address submitted which links your profile to your account and grants you access to update your profile.
For more information on claiming, creating, and maintaining your Pivot profile, click here.