As with Pivot Funding, you can search Pivot Profiles via a Quick or Advanced Search.
You can conduct a Quick Search for profiles from one of two places:
- Click on the Profiles tab on your Pivot homepage. You will see a free text field toward the top of the page. Enter your search term(s) and click Search to see your list of results. (Note: by default your search results will be limited to those within your institution. You can adjust your results from the results page.)
- Use the Search – for funding or scholars option near the upper right side of any page within Pivot:
- Choose Profiles from the drop down menu next to the text box
- Enter your search term(s) into the search box. By default you are searching for scholars within your institution
- Click the on the right side of the search box or hit “Enter” and you’ll see your list of results.
Regardless of where you go to conduct your Quick Search, you can always search by entering a search term or a scholar’s name.
The Pivot Profile Advanced Search allows you to create a search query based on the various fields of information stored within a Pivot profile. You can conduct an advanced search from one of two places:
- Click on the Profiles link on your Pivot homepage. You’ll notice a free text field at the top of the page with a blue Advanced search link right below it. Click the link to display the Advanced search page.
- Select Profiles on the drop down next to the search box on the upper right side of the page. Enter a search term and click on the magnifying glass. Click the blue Advanced search link beneath the free text field to display the Advanced search page.
From the Advanced Search page, you have several options:
- Limit your search to specific fields such as title (of a publication), expertise, keyword, abstract, homepage, CV page, publication page, faculty member name, or affiliation
- Limit your search to publication title and abstracts published within the past 5 years only
- Limit your search based on: degree, role, or country (and state or province as applicable). For each of these filters, you are presented with a drop-down menu from which you can choose one or more search constraints
- You can choose to limit your search to various communities (and sub-communities) by checking the boxes to the left the Advanced Search fields. Click on the blue arrows to expand the community and see sub-communities which you can select. Faculty can be members of more than one community
- You can also search by Affiliation to find institutions in Pivot. Enter either the complete or partial name of an institution (e.g., University of Georgia or Georgia State) to see profiles at institutions that match the search query. For example: if you selected Keyword, entered 'immigration' in the text search box and limited the search by the affiliation to 'stanford' , you will receive profiles who are relevant to the keyword 'immigration' and affiliated with organizations with the phrase 'Stanford' in their affiliation names
A description of the fields as well as additional searching information can be found here.