You are researching the topic of empowering women through education.
- Type “empowering women” and education into the Basic Search box or use the widget on the left.
Note: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s ProQuest Central account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access ProQuest Central directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by and the Source Type limit, select More and check the Exclude boxes for Newspapers and Wire Feeds. Click Apply to filter those sources from your results.
- Then select More under the Subject limit and select to include poverty AND economic development AND socioeconomic factors. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Publication date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2010 – 2019 and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sorted by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort by Most recent first.
- For additional record details, select the Citation & Abstract link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
You want to find articles on the current economic conditions in China.
From the Advanced Search page and the first pull-down menu in the first search row, select Location.
Type China in the first search box.
From the second pull-down menu in the second search row, select Subject Headings (all).
Use the Look up Subjects hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search for the available and relevant subject terms.
Type economic conditions and select the option "Begins with (enter at least 2 characters)."
Select economic conditions & forecasts from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
In the Advanced Search page, go to the Search options section and adjust the Date range pull-down menu to search Last 12 months.
- From the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and click on the last bar in the chart to view documents published in 2019.
- From the top of the results page (under the search box) select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into ProQuest Central that meet your search criteria.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.
Use this page to easily locate featured reports and other non-periodical content.
- Under Industry and Market Research, choose Business Monitor International (BMI) Industry Reports.
- You can now browse reports by Industry or Location.
- Under Industry, choose Natural Gas Industry.
- From there, you will see the country list. Choose a country.
- From the results page, change the Sorted by menu to Most recent first.
- Now the most recent report for the industry and country you have chosen appears at the top of your results list.
- Click the full-text PDF link on the most recent record to open the latest report.
- Use the Download PDF button to Open in Adobe or Save the document.
Use this page to locate publications covered in ProQuest Central, search within those publications, and browse the available issues.
You want to find a list of publications about sports medicine.
- In the Publications Search box, enter sports medicine. Select In publication summary from the pull down menu. Run the search.
- On the results page you’ll notice that there are a number of publications covered in ProQuest Central that contain the phrase sports medicine in the publication title and some that have sports medicine in the publication summary.
- Click on the Athletic Training & Sports Health Care publication title to search the publication and view the list of available issues.
- Then select the most recent year, month, and issue to view all the documents published in that particular issue.