Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To Learn More about Music Online: African American Music Reference
Perfect for scholars and faculty of music composition, the Music Online: Reference delivers some of the most acclaimed music text content from the world’s best publishers, together in one place. Reference brings together the very best of Alexander Street Music text collections in one accessible package. Music scholars will easily access useful encyclopedias, scores, manuscripts, biographies, and other reference texts that make up the core of music curricula around the world.
Music Online: African American Music Reference includes
- Full text from major reference works.
- Personal narratives from oral histories and interviews.
- Manuscripts, songsheets, lyrics, discography data, and other text sources.
- The largest online collection of musical scores and reference works available anywhere.
- The most comprehensive collection of materials for the study of music, covering every time period, genre, cultural group, and geographic region.
- The highest quality content—the world's best record labels, artists, and recordings.