You need to write a paper on horticulture and vegetables.
- Type in horticulture and vegetables into the Basic search box.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Limit to feature on the left.
- From the Limit to and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then limit by Subject and select to include Fertilizers. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search. Tip: click on More Options to see the complete list of subjects. Click on Subject to reorder the list alphabetically.
- Also from the Limit to, go to the Publication date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2010 forward and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Limit to) and resort your items by Date.
- To begin reviewing your results, click on the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record or click Full text if available to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
You want to find articles on crop diseases in China.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first pull-down menu in the first search row, select Subject Heading -MAINSUBJECT.
- Use the Look up Subjects hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search for the available and relevant subject terms.
- Type crop disease and select the option "Begins with". Select crop disease from the list of subject terms. Now it says “You've selected 1 subjects to add" on the screen.
- Click Add to search.
- In the second row, select Location in the pull-down menu, then type China in the first box.
- Click search.
- From the Narrow results by, go to the Publication date limit and click on the last bar in the chart to view documents published since 2010.
- From the top of the results page (under the search box) click Save search/alert, then select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into Agricultural Science Collection that meet your search criteria.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.