Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
History Vault Screencasts
Recorded Webinars: History Vault
This webinar explores the organizational framework of the product. No previous experience with History Vault is required. Duration: 27 minutes
At the end of this webinar attendees will be able to:
- Relate History Vault to physical archives
- Distinguish levels of content organization
- Discover connections between content sets
Researching Social Movements with Primary Sources (April 2020)
This webinar from Product Manager Daniel Lewis shows examples of research that utilized History Vault and explores the applications of this resource. Duration: 18 minutes.
Researching Women in the Civil Rights Movement (March 2020)
This webinar from Product Manager Daniel Lewis provides an History Vault overview and examples of researching women's involvement in the Civil Rights Movement. Duration: 20 minutes.
History Vault : Content Types (Feb. 2017)
This recording provides a window to some of the outstanding content in History Vault on the Civil Rights Movement. Across the modules, researchers will find major collections of records from 4 of the most important civil rights organizations of the 1950s. The content types we focus on are:
- Oral Histories (starts at 2min 10sec in recording)
- Correspondence (starts at 6min 45sec in recording)
- FBI Surveillance Files (starts at 12min 45sec in recording)
- Newsletters/Newspapers (starts at 20min in recording)
- Speeches (starts at 26min in recording)
- Legal Case files (starts at 39min 30sec in recording)
- NAACP Resolutions (starts at 45min 40sec in recording)
- Wide Area Telephone Service (WATS) reports (starts at 52min 20 sec in recording)
The webinar shows the search structure, and then gives examples of interesting content from those searches. Duration: 1 hour.
Black Freedom and the FBI (June 2016)
This webinar from Product Manager Daniel Lewis explores Black Freedom and the FBI using NAACP Papers, records from the federal government, and more. Duration: 27 minutes.