Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You need to write a paper on Online Information Retrieval in databases. Using the Basic Search box or widget on the left,
- Search for “online information retrieval” AND databases
- Examine the results and determine if you need to change the sort from Relevancy to date order (ascending or descending)
- Also consider other faceting on the left such as source type, peer reviewed, or publication date
You want to find articles on the Information seeking behavior produced in France and UK. From the Advanced Search page,
- Change the pull-down menu in the first search row, to Subject Headings (all).
- Use the Look up Subjects hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search for information and select the option "Begins with”
- Select Information seeking behavior and Information seeking behaviour from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
- Change the second pull-down menu in the second search row to Country of Publication.
- Use the Look up Subjects hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search France and select it.
- Type United and select the option "Begins with" and select United Kingdom from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
- Below the boxes you just used, go to the Publication date option and adjust the date range pull-down menu to search Last 12 months.
- Click Search.