Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Links to ...
Please note that the links below will only work if you are authenticated to Meteorological and Geoastrophysical Abstracts. For alternative methods of authentication and links to Meteorological and Geoastrophysical Abstracts please see the documents in the Additional Materials page.
You need to write a paper on the protection of the endangered species.
- Type protection AND endangered species into the Basic Search box.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the “Narrow results by” and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then “Subject” limit and select to include Endangered species and conservation. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Then “Classification” limit and select to include Marine Pollution. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2000 – 2015 and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
- Note that clicking on any text in blue will start a lateral search using the selected term in the specific field from the selected database.
You want to retrieve peer reviewed articles on global activity of volcanos and its pollution controling and prevention, published after 2010.
- From the Advanced Search page, click on the Thesaurus link, which opens the Thesarus for Meteorological and Geoastrophysical Terms.
- Type Volcano in the search box, choose the option "Begins with" and click on the FIND button.
- Select “Volcano monitoring” and “Volcanology” from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
- You will see the subject term in the first search row, with the Subject Headings field selected.
- On the next row, type pollution control prevention in the first box and select the Classification fields (CC).
- Select “Peer reviewed” and enter the date (After this date: 2010)
- Click Search.
- On the results page, underneath of your search terms (right side of the screen), click Save search/alert then click on the link “Create alert”. Click on the button “Create alert” to receive any new information about your topic on the date you have specified during the creation of your alert.