Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Links to ...
Please note that the links below will only work if you are authenticated to Materials Science Collection. For alternative methods of authentication and links to the Materials Science Collection please see the documents in the Additional Materials page.
You need to write a paper about fiber reinforced plastics used in the automotive industry and are now looking for recent publications.
- Type in fiber reinforced plastic and automo* into the Basic search box or use the widget on the left.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then from the Subject limit, select the More Options link to see the complete list of subjects. Check to include automotive components in addition to automotive engineering. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search. Tip: In the More Options box, click on Subject heading to reorder the list alphabetically.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and click on "Enter a date range". Then enter 2017 into the "From:"-field and click update to limit your results to articles published 2017 or later.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, click on the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
You want to find articles with diagrams of the photocatalytic effects of titanium doixide-based materials and be kept up to date should new articles be added to the database.
- From the Advanced Search page and the first pull-down menu in the first search row, select "Subject headings (ALL)". Type "titanium dioxide" in the search box.
- In the second row, select "Document title" in the pull-down menu, then type TiO2 in the corresponding search box.
- Click on the + sign to add another row.
- In this new row, select "Caption" from the pull-down menu, then type photocataly* in the respective search box
- Click search.
- From the top of the results page (under the search box) click Save search/alert then select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded to Materials Science and Engineering Database that meet your search criteria.
We recommend that you first log in to your personalized area, called My Research. This allows you to adjust and edit the alert after you created it.
- Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
- Click create alert.