Dance in Video: Volume I
Dance in Video: Volume I lays the foundation for the study of dance in all its forms with 500 hours of content in modern dance, ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, experimental, and more.
Films feature many of the greatest dance companies and performers worldwide, including Agnes de Mille, Mark Morris, Lestor Horton, Anna Sokolow, Anthony Tudor, Jose Limon, Paul Draper, and Chuck Green. Featured performances in Volume I include:
- Points in Space (Merce Cunningham Dance Company)
- Strange Fish (DV8 Physical Theatre)
- L’histoire du Soldat (Nederlands Dans Theatre)
- Peter and the Wolf (The Royal Ballet School)
- Rainbow Round My Shoulder (Donald McKayle)
- 15 Days of Dance (American Ballet Theatre Studio Company)
- Highlights from the Dance Theatre of Harlem
Volume I also includes an array of rare and hard-to-find archival material, including footage from the George Balanchine Interpreters Archive and Archive of Lost Choreography, and historical footage from Creative Arts Television, featuring dance performances from 1950s and 1960s CBS television productions.