Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You are researching the topic of empowering women through education.
- Type “empowering women” and education into the Basic Search box or use the widget on the left.
Note: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s ProQuest account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access ProQuest directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by and the Source Type limit, select More Options and check the Exclude boxes for Newspapers and Wire Feeds. Click Apply to filter those sources from your results.
- Then select More options under the Subject limit and select to include poverty AND economic development AND socioeconomic factors. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Publication date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2010 – 2018 and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Publication date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Citation & Abstract link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
You want to find articles on the current economic conditions in China and then create an alert so that you receive new records via email.
From the Advanced Search page and the first pull-down menu in the first search row, select Location.
Type China in the first search box.
From the second pull-down menu in the second search row, select Subject Headings (all).
Use the Look up Subjects hyperlink that appears just below the selected field to search for the available and relevant subject terms.
Type economic conditions and select the option "Begins with (enter at least 2 characters)."
Select economic conditions & forecasts from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
In the Advanced Search page, go to the Search options section and adjust the Date range pull-down menu to search Last 12 months.
If you are dissatisfied with your results (you may think that you have too many results and could be more specific), consider using the additional filters available on the right-hand side of your results to further refine your results.
From the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and click on the last bar in the chart to view documents published in 2018.
From the top of the results page (under the search box) select Create alert to receive an email when new results are loaded into ProQuest that meet your search criteria.
Enter your email address, choose the email format, and schedule your alert based on when you would like to receive an email of your results and how long you would like the alert to last.
Click create alert.
Use this page to locate publications covered in your ProQuest platform databases, search within those publications, and browse the available issues.
You want to find a list of publications about sports medicine. Consider here that you users have access to different content, so you can replace the topic of sports medicine with one relevant to you such as accounting, psychology, anthropology, etc.
- In the Publications Search box, enter sports medicine. Select In publication summary from the pull down menu. Run the search.
- On the results page you’ll notice that there are a number of publications covered in ProQuest that contain the phrase sports medicine in the publication title and some that have sports medicine in the publication summary.
- Click on the Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism publication title to search the publication and view the list of available issues.
- Then select the most recent year, month, and issue to view all the documents published in that particular issue.