RefWorks Technical Support is available to help you:
By Phone: +1. 800-521-0600 ext. 74440 or +1.734-997-4440.
Support hours are:
Eastern Time Zone:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm Eastern Time
Pacific Time Zone:
Monday – Friday 5:00 am – 6:00 pm Pacific Time
We are pleased to release a new version of Write-N-Cite for Windows (version 4.4.1376). This version includes:
This new version no longer supports Windows XP or Word 2007. XP and Word 2007 users can use previous versions of Write-N-Cite 4 or Write-N-Cite III. Word 2010 (64-bit) users will also need to use a previous version of Write-N-Cite.
We suggest uninstalling your current version of Write-N-Cite 4 prior to installing the new version. To uninstall Write-N-Cite 4:
1. Log out of WNC and close MS Word.
2. Navigate to your local directory where the database files are stored - in Windows 7/8 are located in C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local. You may need to show hidden files within your file options. To show hidden files on your Windows 7 computer go to the Tools menu and Select Folder Options.
In Windows 8, there is a checkbox in that toggles this selection.
3. Once you are at that file location delete these files from the folder. Please note you may see one set of files or the other (PQ or WNC), or you may see both sets.
3. After the files have been deleted, go to the Windows control panel, select programs and features select the exisitng WNC install and then select uninstall.
4. When the uninstall has completed, restart your computer, then log in to RefWorks and download and install the latest version of Write-N-Cite.
We are pleased to announce the latest version of ProQuest for Word for both Windows (v. 4.4.1272) and Mac (v. 4.4.1225) which resolves the following feature and formatting issues:
• Deleted references no longer download to your local database
• When Auto Sync option is selected, it remains selected unless de-selected by user
• Documents with citations inserted using One Line Cite View (RefWorks users only) will automatically be converted for use with PQFW 4 and above
• Folder names with Asian characters now sync correctly
• Paragraph spacing will no longer be changed when using a style that contains stylized text such as italic, bold, etc.
• Extra spaces appearing in text citations after formatting papers
• MLA title casing issue
• MLA bibliography sorting issue
• MLA footnote citation issue
• Appending of alphabetic characters in the cases of ambiguous in text citations
• Erroneous HTML coding showing in text citations: (Gelormino & Ricker 1994)
• Footnote citation editing issue
• Issue with citing 3 in text citations on one line
• In-text citation inserting and changing it into a footnote in certain styles will no longer change the footnote to appear in superscript
• Changing output formats from one style to another no longer incorrectly formats the in text citations as superscript
• Preferred version settings display properly when using internet Explorer