You want to find articles published since 2000 in the use of mathematical models and computer simulation in jet engine designs.
- Type jet engine design into the Basic Search box.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the Narrow results by and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then Subject limit and select to include mathematical models AND computer simulation. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2000 to the present and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, click the Preview link available on each record to view the major fields of the record.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
You want to retrieve peer reviewed articles on global activity of volcanos and its pollution controlling and prevention, published after 2010.
- From the Advanced Search page, click on the Thesaurus link, which will display also the Thesaurus for Meteorological and Geoastrophysical Terms.
- Type Volcano into the search box, choose the option "Begins with" and click on the FIND button.
- Select “Volcano monitoring” and “Volcanology” from the list of subject terms and click Add to search.
- You will see the subject term in the first search row, with the Subject Headings field selected.
- On the next row, type pollution control prevention in the first box and select the Classification fields (CC).
- Select “Peer reviewed” and enter the date (After this date: 2010)
- Click Search.
- On the results page, underneath of your search terms (right side of the screen), click Save search/alert then click on the link “Create alert”. Click on the button “Create alert” to receive any new information about your topic on the date you have specified during the creation of your alert.
Use this page to locate publications covered in the SciTech Premium Collection, search within those publications, and browse the available issues.
You want to view the full text of the latest issue of History of Geo- and Space Sciences.
- From the Publications Search box, enter History of Geo- and Space Sciences.
- Click on the publication title to be taken to the publication’s search page and the list of available issues.
- Select the most recent year, month, and issue to view all the documents published in that particular issue.
- If you want to receive the table of content for any newly published issue, you can create an alert or RSS Feed, which delivers the newest titles to your desk.