Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching the Statistical Abstracts of the World
Statistical Abstracts of the World using any term and the search will reflect table titles, notations of content, index terms, and the row and column headers.
Search results the table title, the data source, and the date the data was released. This is located in the italicized text just under the title.
Highlighted text indicates where in the table the searched-for text was found.
Once the search results are returned, in the left column you can see the facets that are assigned to each table including the dates covered, data source,breakdowns by geographic region, by race, age, gender etc., and subjects.
When your result set is returned, you can see results sorted by relevance, Date (newest first) or Date (oldest first).
Using the facets
After reviewing the initial results you can further limit your results by the facets shown in the left column.
Select one or more of the facets, then click "update results" for your new result set.
- Moving the thumb slider on the Date covered to adjust the date range of your results set.
- Geographic coverage will list countries for which there are tables and often includes the filter "by country" so you can see tables covering multiple countries, as well as those detailing just one.
- Source is the source for the tables (the agency that created the statistical annual).
- Breakdown by lists the socio-economic breakdowns that are present in the list of tables.
- Subject lists the subject terms included in the list of retrieved tables.
If you want to return to the original search results, click on Clear All Filters or on the particular filter you want to delete if you have selected more than one filter.