1. You can search all available LION content.
2. You can produce a list of material written about an author or their works, including references to articles, monographs and dissertations and related entries in major reference works and relevant websites. On advanced search, you can search all criticism. You can also search ABELL (Annual Bibliography of English Language Literature) individually. For more details about the criticism content in LION, click here.
3. You can search all Primary texts. There are several options to limit your search - publication date, work title, author information (nationality, ethnicity, gender, living in the years), literary movement, literary period, work type. You can also search Poetry, Drama or Prose individually. These search forms will provide you with additional limit options.
4. When using Advanced search, select the checkboxes if you would like to include variant forms and variant spellings for search terms. Select the third checkbox to show the variant spellings and variant forms of your keyword on top of the result list.
5. The variant spellings and variant forms of your keyword can be listed on top of the result list.
6. Click this link if you would like the result list without variants.
For more details about advanced search features, click here.
On the bottom part of the advanced search, you have three option to limit your search: 1) Content type 2) Document type and 3) Literature Collection (depending on your institution subscription).