What is Statistical Insight?
ProQuest Statistical Insight provides abstracting, indexing, and full text for publications from hundreds of public domain and licensed sources. Institutions can subscribe to the entire collection or to selected modules.
Federal statistical publications. 5,000 titles/year. Coverage from 1973; full text from 2004
State government and business statistical reports. 2,200 titles/year. Coverage from 1980; full text from 2007.
International statistical publications from the UN, OECD, EU, etc. 2,500 titles/year. Coverage from 1980. Full text from 2007.
Hundreds of thousand statistical tables selected from the three publication modules. Tables are individually indexed to ensure precise search and retrieval. Coverage from 1999.
Information on usage reports for ProQuest Statistical Insight is located on the guide linked here.
Enhancements for Statistical Insight rolled out on March 10. Watch this space for some information and check the webinars tab in this guide to sign up for an overview!
Statistical Insight URL
What's NEW and BETTER
- New look and feel!
- Works like ProQuest Congressional with saved searches, bookmarks, and durable URLs for every document and table.
- Basic Search searches multiple terms within the same field
- Tabbed results
- Separate tabs for “All Results”,” Tables”, and “PDFs”
- Default time period for search results is 5 years to pare down larger result sets
- Users may retrieve all years by clicking on the pull down
- Type‐ahead in search forms based on subject index and issuing sources
- Links in the metadata allow users to click from tables to individual documents, and from a document in a series to the rest of the documents in the series.
- Within the Abstract, tables matching the search are listed and can be expanded to show all tables.