* The FIAF International Index to Film Periodicals Databases brings together bibliographical contributions from experts around the world dedicated to film preservation, cataloging and documentation. It is an essential reference work for any film researcher or student.
* In addition, about 75 of the most important titles appear in full text, some from the first issue published.
* Full-text journals range from the scholarly (Film Comment, Framework) to the popular (Variety, Sight & Sound), and content is updated monthly to ensure currency. Most full-text titles are current rather than ceased publications.
* In addition to searching for articles, users can browse journal issues by going to the Publications page.
* Individual citations and articles can be emailed, and records and searches can be saved in the My Research area for future use.
The FIAF International Index to Film Periodicals Database by ProQuest is brought together by institutions dedicated to rescuing films both as cultural heritage and as historical documents.
Founded in Paris in 1938, FIAF (The International Federation of Film Archives) is a collaborative association of the world's leading film archives whose purpose has always been to ensure the proper preservation and showing of motion pictures. Today, more than 120 archives in over 65 countries collect, restore, and exhibit films and cinema documentation spanning the entire history of film.
This database is an essential reference work for any film researcher and contains a diverse range of specialist content:
Also included are:
View our schedule at the link below to locate a session. Can't find what you are looking for or want to request an online or on-site session? Please email us at email@example.com.
Get the latest news on the Arts databases, with the 'Content Updates' articles in the Support Center:
once in the article, click on to be emailed every time the article is updated.