Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Links to available search templates
Please note that the links below will only work if you are authenticated to Inspec® . For alternative methods of authentication and links to Inspec® please see the documents in the Additional Materials page.
You want to find information about superconducting devices in the computing and control engineering area, especially power engineering computing:
- Type superconducting device into the Basic Search box.
- Based on the large amount of results that are retrieved, it is a good idea to refine your results using the Narrow results by feature.
- From the “Narrow results by” and the Source Type limit, select to view Scholarly Journals.
- Then “Subject” limit and select to include computing and control engineering. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Then “Classification” limit and select to include Power engineering computing. Click Apply to add the subject limits to your search.
- Also from the Narrow results by, go to the Date limit and drag the first gray handle over toward the right side of the bar chart to limit your search to more recent items. Drag the handle over to search on items published from 2010 – 2015 and click update.
- Go to the top of the results page to the Sort results by pull-down menu (just above the Narrow results by) and resort your items by Date (most recent first) and click Sort.
- To begin reviewing your results, hover over the Preview link available on each record to view the first 10 lines of the available abstract summary.
- For additional record details, select the Abstract/Details link under each record to view the full record.
- Mark any records that interest you to save, print, email, cite, export, save to your My Research account, or to view selected items later.
- Note: Clicking on any text in blue will start a lateral search using the selected term in the specific field from the selected database.
You want to receive the newest articles from scholarly journals about the current state of rechargeable battery technology:
- On the Advanced Search page type rechargeable batter* into the first search line.
- Click into the second search line and click on the Thesaurus link to open the 2016 Inspec Thesaurus.
- Type secondary cells in the search box, choose the option "Begins with" and click on the FIND button.
- Select "secondary cells" from the list of subject terms and also select the "Explode" tick box to include all narrower terms into your selection.
- Next click add to search and you'll see the thesaurus term in the second search row
- Select “Scholarly Journals” in the Source Type selection box.
- Click Search.
- On the results page click on "Save search/Alert" link in the top right corner and select the link “Create an RSS feed”. Define your RSS feed preferences and click on the button “create feed”, you can then copy the link in your RSS reader, or leave it in MyResearch for later use.