Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OASIS (Online Acquisitions and Selection Information System) is ProQuest’s free web-based system for searching, selecting, and ordering print and electronic books for academic libraries.
OASIS users not only enjoy access to the broadest title database in the industry but also benefit from powerful search tools that help locate titles quickly and efficiently. Via OASIS users have access to the top eBook platforms in the market-including Ebook Central, Wiley, Taylor & Francis and more.
Our book distribution centers in the US and UK benefit from a partnership with INGRAM and from close relationships with publishers and other distributors to ensure efficient print order fulfillment to customers worldwide.
Why OASIS for Academic Libraries
- Largest Selection of ebooks in the Market: OASIS provides academic libraries access to unique ebook titles, helping build high quality collections.
- Extensive Title Coverage of Print books: Through OASIS, academic libraries gain access to an industry leading selection of print books.
- Advanced Search Capability: Flexible search functionality in OASIS makes it quick and easy to search and find the right print and ebook titles for library collections.
- Flexible Ordering Workflows: OASIS supports multiple ordering and selection workflows for both print and ebooks to suit a library’s specific needs – approval plans, firm orders, standing orders, demand driven acquisition, EDI ordering.
- Comprehensive Title Metadata Foundation: OASIS functionality is supported by metadata from multiple sources including Library of Congress, Library and Archives Canada, British Library and publishers.
- Value-Added Functionality at No Cost: The OASIS technology interface is free. In addition to the interface, libraries get a range of free services - management reports, holdings updates, fund code customizations, DDA profile set-ups, and more.
Publisher Direct Platforms