Find coverage for over 100 wide-ranging topics including:
- Allied health
- Physical therapy
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Pediatric Care
- Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Public Health and Safety
- Diagnostic imaging
- Nuclear medicine
- Social Services and Welfare
- Alternative Medicine
- Psychiatry and Neurology
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Psysical Fitness and Hygiene
- Dissertations & theses
- Scholarly journals
- Trade publications
What is ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source?
ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health SourceTM provides users with reliable healthcare information covering nursing, allied health, alternative and complementary medicine, and much more. This versatile database is designed to meet the needs of researchers at healthcare facilities as well as nursing and allied health programs at academic institutions. ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source provides abstracting and indexing for more than 1,200 titles, with over 1,050 titles in full-text, plus more than 15,700 full text dissertations representing the most rigorous scholarship in nursing and related fields.
These are the main features and content:
Includes leading nursing and related publications
Over 350 publishers contributing to ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source including Massachussets Medical Society, Elsevier, Cambridge University Press, Slack Incorporated, Springer and Karger.
Some of the key titles are Association of Operating Room Nurses. AORN Journal, Journal of Nursing Scholarship, Oncology Nursing Forum, Journal of Gerontological Nursing, Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services, Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, Physical Therapy, Journal of Athletic Training, Journal of Rehabilitation, The New England Journal of Medicine, The Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, Journal of Allied Health, Applied Radiology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Dental Assistant, Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy
15,700+ full-text nursing dissertations
An important part of the research landscape because they:
- Provide in-depth scholarly subject analysis for those practicing or studying a related topic, discipline or field
- Track emerging research that isn’t published elsewhere
- Have already been judged as original and significant contributions by academic peers
Study Paths - recommended reading by U.S. nurse educators designed to follow the nursing curriculum
Follow our study paths for the perfect method to find key topics and recommended reading. Our intuitive curriculum-based topic tree quickly connects you to appropriate articles on specific topics. A board of experienced nurse educators have hand selected the most relevant results for a wide range of subjects. Click here to read more about our board of nurse educators.
220+ Cultural competency reports from CultureGrams (New in May 2013)
Since 1974, CultureGrams has been known to foster understanding and appreciation cultures of the world's countries and peoples by creating and publishing excellent content. Today the CultureGrams series is one of the most trusted and widely used cultural reference and curriculum products in the education, government, and non-profit arenas. The cultural reports in the World and Provinces Edition will enable professionals to provide culturally competent patient-care and raise awareness in the student population of the diverse cultural beliefs and practices.
CultureGrams World Edition contains over 200 world reports from most countries in the seven continents whereas CultureGrams Provinces Edition contains reports from the 13 Canadian provinces. The reports from CultureGrams will be updated annually.
More than 50 reference ebooks
You now have access to chapters from online reference books in nursing, the books are split into chapters easily used for research. Providers include John Wiley & Sons, Inc., McGraw Hill, Springer Publishing Company, and HCPro, Inc. and include titles listed in the annual AJN Book of the Year Awards. Some key titles are DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination, Manual of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests, Minor Surgical Procedures for Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals, an Evidence-Based Competency series, as well as a Critical Thinking Series.
Nursing procedure videos
Training videos are valuable for nursing programs looking to enhance student learning, and ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source truly delivers with powerful videos covering assessment, procedures, anatomy, and more. These videos cover important topics such as health care safety, emergency planning, checking vital signs and many more. Videos are available in flash format, and are broken down into chaptered clips for easy study. Videos are well indexed for reliable search results and can be viewed in document view or downloaded to your desktop for reference. They provide visual support for more efficient and effective training and help bridging the gap between theory and practice.
Providers include over 1,000 nursing procedure videos from MedCom-Trainex split into 2-3 minute nursing procedure clips and 19 nursing procedure videos from HC-Pro.
Access through PubMed Linkout
User-friendly interface with features such as ProQuest Smart Search, Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) subject search
Smart Search means that non-expert (and non-English language speakers) can find meaningful search results very easily.
We've indexed 4.7 million figures, photos, graphs and tables from over 750 journal titles in the Health & Medicine component of ProQuest Illustrata.. Indexed images enhance researchers' ability to retrieve the most relevant literature - an article featuring a relevant table indexed with terms amtching your search query is very likely to be highly relevant to your research.
See the Figures & Tables Search page in this guide to begin uncovering the indexed images.
In order to provide coverage across 576 subjects, the selection policy for ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source is very broad. The first priority of ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source is to provide academic journals in full text for optimal research and teaching utility. Publications that cover the main subjects within the various disciplines of health and medicine are selected on a regular, ongoing basis. Additional non-periodical content for general interest are also important in ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source and are selected, upon review. The majority of content is selected in the English language. However, academic journals in other languages are also considered and selected to provide well-rounded coverage of the most studied and popular subjects. Publications from a wide range of countries are desired and included.
Criteria used in selection of materials for inclusion are:
1. Reputation of the journal and/or publisher
2. Coverage of key subject areas
3. Coverage of new or emerging subject areas
4. Academic merit of the publication (impact factors or favorable reviews)
5. Popularity of the title (consumer or general interest periodicals)
6. Availability of full text rights
7. Demand for the title
8. Fills a need for a language or country of publication
Our Top Journals criteria:
- Included in the Brandon/Hill core list: Hill D, Stickell HN. Brandon/Hill selected list of print books and journals for the small medical library. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association 89(2) April 2001: p. 131.
- Included in the Hague core collection list: Hague H. Core collection of medical books and journals 2001. 4th ed. London, U.K.: Medical Information Working Party, 2001.
- Included in the following study: Barbara S Shearer, Suzanne P Nagy. Developing an academic medical library core journal collection in the (almost) post-print era: the Florida State University College of Medicine Medical Library experience. Journal of the Medical Library Association 91(3) July 2003: p. 292
- Included in the following study: Allen, Peg et al. Mapping the literature of nursing: 1996-2000. Journal of the Medical Library Association 94(2) April 2006: p. 206
- Included in the MLA NAHRS List of Journal Titles 2012
- Has Impact Factors
Live Webinars & Recordings
ProQuest platform videos
To view the latest title list and publication coverage, please visit: