ARTS, BUSINESS, EDUCATION, HUMANITIES and SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Area, Ethnic and Gender Studies
- Communications and Information Sciences
- Fine and Performing Arts
- Language & Literature
- Philosophy and Religion
- Law and Legal Studies
- Social Sciences
BEHAVIORAL, NATURAL and PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Behavioral Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Ecosystem Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Health and Medical Sciences
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Doctoral Dissertations
- Master's Theses
What is ProQuest Dissertations & Theses?
With more than 3 million entries, ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) is the most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses in the world.
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses allows:
- Graduate students to consult the database to make sure their proposed thesis or dissertation topics have not already been written about
- Students, faculty, and other researchers to search for titles related to their scholarly interests
- Instant access to high-quality, peer-reviewed and multidisciplinary research materials
- Building your ebooks collection – with each dissertation including an ISBN, ProQuest is the world’s largest publisher of ISBNs
- Cross-searching with journal and other content types on the ProQuest platform
The database includes bibliographic citations for materials ranging from the first U.S. dissertation, accepted in 1861 as well as European dissertations back from the 17th century, to those accepted as recently as last semester.
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses is the official dissertations repository for the Library of Congress and the publishing partner of the National Library of Canada.
The full text of more than 2 million of these titles is available in paper, microform, and electronic (if subscription allows) formats. Institutional subscribers to ProQuest Dissertation & Theses Full-Text receive online access to the complete file of dissertations in digital format for hundreds of thousands of titles published before 1997, as well as every title from 1997 forward.
PQDT offers access to the first 10% of the dissertation (up to 24 pages) for those dissertations and theses available in electronic form.
PQDT is updated weekly and features 24 indexed and searchable fields, including full text searchability.
Live Webinars & Recordings
ProQuest Platform Screencasts
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses is the official digital dissertations archive for the Library of Congress and the collection includes work by authors from more than 1,700 graduate schools and universities the world over, and covers every conceivable subject.
Every major research university in the United States and Canada is represented in the database and there is also a decent and growing international coverage.
PQDT offers access to 3 million citations to dissertations and theses from around the world from 1861 to the present day together with over a million full text dissertations that are available for download in PDF format. Over 2.1 million titles are available for purchase as printed copies. The database offers full text for most of the dissertations added since 1997 and strong retrospective full text coverage for older graduate works. Over 80,000 new dissertations and theses are added to the database each year.