My Notebook is a storage place for citations of items of interest that you find during your current session. You can open My Notebook at any time by clicking the My Notebook link at the right side of the navigation toolbar at the top of every page. Throughout ProQuest African American Heritage, you'll se a checkbox labelled Add to My Notebook in the following locations:
- On all search results pages, with a checkbox corresponding to each item listed.
- On all publications or book citation/table of contents page.
- On all displayed image pages.
Things to know about My Notebook include:
- Maximum of 500 citations - You can store a maximum of 500 citations in My Notebook during your current session.
- Contents automatically deleted when your session ends - Your concurrent session ends when there is at least 30 minutes of no keyboard or mouse interaction with ProQuest African American Heritage. When your session ends, all citations in My Notebook are deleted.
- Delete an item from My Notebook - Click the red (X) icon corresponding to any citation in My Notebook to delete it.
- Delete all citations from My Notebook - Click Empty My Notebook to delete all citations.
- Print all citations - Click Print All. In the print dialog box, enter an optional title or comment. Click print. Your citations print as a simple text file. Any notes that you entered are included with the corresponding citation.
- Download all citations - Click Download All. In the download dialog box, enter an optional title or comment. Click Download. You are prompted to save the contents to a simple text file. Any notes that you entered are included with the corresponding citation.
- Email all citations - Click Email All. In the email dialog box, enter your email address. Click send email. Your citations are included in the body of the simple text email message. Any notes that you entered are included with the corresponding citation.
- Enter notes about a citation - Click the Take Notes link corresponding to any citation in My Notebook. In the notes dialog box, enter your note and click Save Notes. The Take Notes link changes to view notes. The notes will be included with the corresponding citation when you print, download, or email the contents of My Notebook.
IMPORTANT: The records added to My Notebook are only kept during the current session. Therefore, any information saved to My Notebook must be emailed, printed, or downloaded prior to closing the browser window (i.e. ending the session), otherwise all marked records will be removed from the list.