- Agricultural biotechnology
- Air quality
- Aquatic pollution
- Energy resources
- Environmental biotechnology
- Environmental engineering
- Environmental impact statements (U.S.)
- Hazardous waste
- Industrial hygiene
- Microbiology related to industrial & environmental issues
- Pollution: land, air, water, noise, solid waste, radioactive
- Risk assessment
- Safety science
- Toxicology & toxic emissions
- Water pollution
- Waste management
- Water resource issues
- Scientific journals
- Conference proceedings
- Government publications
What is Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management?
What is Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management?
Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management (ESPM) is a multidisciplinary database which provides comprehensive coverage of the literature relating to environmental sciences dating from 1967 to the present.
Millions of abstracts and citations are included from scientific journals within the relevant literature ensuring researchers have the maximum opportunity to discover articles or papers for their search queries. ProQuest editors assign index terms to describe the documents in journals, books, maps and reports.
Beyond the mainstream peer reviewed journals in this field this resource also provides abstracts of hard-to-get, low circulation grey literature publications (conference proceedings, reports, monographs, books and government publications), sometimes with links back to the full text (typically open access repositories). The database also includes good coverage of international content including non English language content.
ESPM is a product comprised of several sub-databases which can be searched individually or collectively:
- ASFA 3: Aquatic Pollution and Environmental Quality
- Bacteriology Abstracts (Microbiology B)
- Biotechnology Research Abstracts
- Ecology Abstracts
- Environment Abstracts
- Environmental Engineering Abstracts
- Health and Safety Science Abstracts
- Industrial and Applied Microbiology Abstracts (Microbiology A)
- Pollution Abstracts
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Environmental Sciences
- Risk Abstracts
- Sustainability Science Abstracts
- Toxicology Abstracts
- Water Resources Abstracts
We've indexed 2.4 million figures, photos, graphs and tables from over 700 journal titles in the Environmental Sciences component of ProQuest Illustrata. Indexed images enhance researchers' ability to retrieve the most relevant literature - an article featuring a relevant table indexed with terms matching your search query is very likely to be highly relevant to your research.
See the Figures & Tables Search page in this guide to begin uncovering the indexed images.
Live Webinars & Recordings
ProQuest Platform Videos
Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management editorial staff strive to meet the current requirements of the environmental science research community and to anticipate future needs. Selection of resources is a continuous process affected by the changing curriculum as well as ensuring we are meeting the needs.
To view the latest title list and publication coverage, please visit: