The search form is available on top of most pages on the O´Reilly platform.
1) Enter a search term (see search help below). You may automatically get a list of Topics, Titles, Authors or Publishers that you can select if you wish. If not, just press enter. By default, you will be searching for words and names anywhere in the records - text, author, title, publisher, topic.
Would you like to see a complete list of everything available in the database? Simply press enter without adding any search terms.
2) On top of the search result list you will see your search term. You can make a change and press enter again if you wish.
3) When performing a search, users will land on the All tab, where you'll see results in all formats sorted by Relevance. From there, you can click through the tabs to see results for each content category: Books, Videos, Learning Paths and Playlists.
4) There are additional filters within each tab to further refine results and sort by Topics, Publishers, Publication date, Rating, Language, Video Type or Playlist Type.
5) Each record will include a thumbnail image, content type, title, author, topic, reviews, publishing date and a short introduction text. To access, click the thumbnail image or the title. You can click author or topic to perform new searches.
6) You can sort the result list by Relevance, Publication date or Date Added.
4) You can put items in Playlists.